This handbook initially created by Greg MacWilliam
- Adding a locally-executable schema.
- Adding a remote schema, fetched via introspection.
- Adding a remote schema, fetched from a custom SDL service.
- Avoiding schema conflicts using transforms.
- Authorization headers.
- Basic error handling.
- Adding a remote mutation service.
- Adding a remote subscription service.
- Adding a subscriber proxy.
- Type merging using single-record queries.
- Query/execution batching.
- Type merging using array queries.
- Handling array errors.
- Nullability & error remapping.
- Configuring multiple key entry points for a merged type.
- Selecting nullability for merged fields.
- Returning nullable and not-nullable results.
valuesFromResultsto normalize resulting query data.
- Adapting type merging to query through namespaced scopes.
- Adapting type merging to query through non-root fields.
- Distributing a GraphQL interface across services.
- Configuring computed fields.
- Sending complex inputs to subservices.
- Normalizing subservice deprecations in the gateway.
@keydirective for type-level selection sets.
@mergedirective for type merging services.
@computeddirective for computed fields.
@canonicaldirective for preferred element definitions.
- Hot reload of the combined gateway schema (no server restart).
- Polling for remote subschema changes.
- Mutations for adding/removing remote subservices.
- Handling subservice request timeouts.
- Using GitHub API to manage a simple schema registry.
- Hot reloading from a remote Git registry.
- Running development and production environments.
- Adding test coverage to a stitched schema.
- Mocking subservices as local test fixtures.
- Filtering unwanted fields from the final stitched schema.
- Serving public (filtered) and private (unfiltered) API versions.
- Creating a GraphQL over WebSocket Protocol executor for the persistent connection to the services.
- Consume a Federation Supergraph SDL in Schema Stitching
- No conversion needed from Federation SDL to Stitching SDL
- Converting Federation SDL to Stitching SDL
- Integrating Apollo Federation services into a stitched schema.
- Fetching and parsing Federation SDLs.
- Adding GraphQL Upload to the gateway server